Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ahhhh, those wacky Ron Paul supporters. Part 85

I actually showed various posts in he Ron Paul Forum to a friend of mine whose wife is a psychologist. and she agreed that many of the posts literally ARE an example of cult like behavior. This was one of them.


Chiznaddy

Member

About:
Join Date: Dec 2,007Posts: 26

Ron Paul Letter
Feel free to re-word and send to voters in your precinct if you like. A letter I sent to Dr. Paul:

Dear Congressman Paul,

No doubt you have amassed countless letters asking for you to do this, do that, run as an Independent, run as a Constitutionalist, et catera. I am writing not to ask you of anything, but give you one more example of what you have already won.

I am the son of a former Democratic State Senator from California and have been long disenchanted with our political system. Witnessing the toll it took on my father, a man of honesty and integrity, I had decided I would stay out of the political realm. I deemed our government to be one big caucus of the corrupt.

The last thing I thought would turn me back on to the political process was a Republican Congressman from Texas. However, since I have heard your message, I have not been a new person, but a better one. One that has replaced the righteousness of contemporary thought, for the honesty of critical thinking. One that has replaced his academic insecurity, with the knowledge that intellectual fallibility is ubiquitous. One that has reserved his reverence for the posessors of powers, for the few who seek its dissipation.

In sum, you have won my mindset, my devotion, and my admiration. In turn, I like to think I have won some myself. In time, the message will win them all.

For Liberty,

SCP

No comments: